Located in the Computer Classroom on the 3rd floor of Laramie County Library, The Studio is a professional video production station that can be used for a variety of projects. This video production space is made possible by a generous grant from Libraries Build Business.
Use The Studio to:
- Perfect an entrepreneurial pitch
- Add green screen graphics for a fun social media ad
- Create a vlog or podcast
- Practice and critique interview skills
- Produce a self-tape for auditions
- Record a public service announcement for nonprofits
- Demonstrate products
- Complete a class assignment
- Create stop-motion video projects
- Conduct a lesson with a homeschool group
The Studio Components
- Video recording equipment:
- Video camera (Sony)
- Microphone (Rode)
- Software (Blackmagic Media Express)
- Green screen (Draper, 10’ x 10’)
- Portable diffused lights
- Ring light (portable, with cell phone adapter)
- Sound-absorbing screen (collapsible) and sound-absorbing panels
- Life-size cardboard cutout (for adjusting camera focus)
- Table and chair (adjustable height)
- Photography screen (black/white, reversible)
- Tabletop light box (25″ x 30″ x 25″) with different colored sweeps
- Note: A tabletop light box is also available to check out and take to a different location
- Tripod (GorillaPod with cellphone adapter)
- Specialized Computers with Adobe Cloud Suite, Audacity, and other video, audio, and photography editing software as well as 3D modeling software (Sketch Up)
- Tutorials for software programs are available through LinkedIn Learning
Instructions for Use
- Individuals must complete the certification process before using The Studio.
- In order to become certified, individuals should fill out The Studio Certification Form by clicking here or clicking the button below. Once submitted, a library employee will be in contact to set up a time for certification.
- The certification process consists of an hour long, one-on-one training session which reviews The Studio’s technology and instructions for proper use. At the end of the certification appointment, all individuals must sign a liability waiver in order to use The Studio.
- In order to use The Studio, individuals must have a Laramie County Library System or WYLD System library card. Individuals must bring their library card and a USB flash drive (at least 4GB) to the certification appointment.
- Individuals 12 years of age and older may be certified to use The Studio. Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult in order to complete the certification process, and sign the liability waiver.
Reserving The Studio
- After successfully completing the certification process and signing the liability waiver, individuals may reserve The Studio in person at the Computer Center help desk, at the 1st floor Ask Here desk, or by calling the library at 307-634-3561.
Using The Studio