Laramie County Library System has launched the beginning of its Makerspace with two 3D printers, a video production studio, and specialized computers in its Cheyenne facility. The new services provide the community with access to advanced technologies that can be used for a wide variety of purposes, from personal projects to marketing for small businesses.
Laramie County Library System has two 3D printers to make three-dimensional (3D) objects in plastic or other filament material using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file or provided via online link.
- 3D print jobs cost $0.10 per gram, rounded up to the nearest gram, whether using library filament or not.
- All print jobs are managed by library employees, and 3D printing requests can be submitted via an online form.
- Files must be in .obj, .stl, or .3mf format.
- The 3D printers can accommodate objects up to 9.84″ x 8.3″ x 8.3″ in size.
- The library has PLA filament available in 9 different colors: clear, black, white, red, blue, purple, green, yellow, and pink. Users can bring their own filament upon request and consultation with the library’s Information Technology Services employees.
- Before submitting a 3D printing request form, all users must review and agree to the 3D printing policy in its entirety.
For more information about the library’s 3D printing service and to submit a 3D printing request, please visit https://lclsonline.org/3d-printing/.
Located in the Computer Classroom on the 3rd floor of Laramie County Library, The Studio is a professional video production station that can be used for a variety of projects. This video production space is made possible by a generous grant from Libraries Build Business.
- The Studio can be used to perfect an entrepreneurial pitch, create product photography, film a vlog, and more.
- The Studio includes video recording equipment, a green screen, a variety of lighting options (both mounted and portable), sound-absorption tools, tripod, and other equipment.
- In order to use The Studio, individuals must become certified in a on-on-one training.
- The Studio is free to use and requires a Laramie County Library or Wyoming Library card.
For more information about The Studio and to request a certification appointment, please visit https://lclsonline.org/the-studio/.
Laramie County Library offers a pair of specialized computers that provide access to the Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat, and 3D design software.
- The computers are free to use and do not require a library card.
- Reservations are required to use the specialized computers. Visit the Computer Center on the 3rd floor or call the library at 307-634-3561 to request a reservation.
- To review an entire list of available software programs, click here.