Come in and “borrow” seeds, grow them, and return seeds you save from your crop.
We have easy-to-grow seeds to plant outside that will do well in our climate, so you’ll have success in your garden!
The Seed Library of Laramie County is a joint project of the Laramie County Library System and the Laramie County Master Gardeners. It will be housed at the library in an effort to introduce residents to gardening, and provide education on seed-saving and developing a green thumb.
1) Visit the 3rd floor of Laramie County Library.
2) Fill out a short registration form.
3) Search the “catalog” for available seeds.
4) Ask the Reference staff at the Ask Here desk to gather your seeds.
1) Read our brochure on seed-saving.
2) Bring your saved seeds to the 3rd floor Ask Here desk.
3) Fill out a short return form.
4) Donate cash, if you wish, to support next year’s seed library.
About the Seed Library:
- It’s free and you don’t need a library card — but you’ll want one to check out gardening books!
- Choose from 8 flowers, 5 herbs, and 17 vegetables
- Each person may check out 12 packets, up to 2 packets per type of seed.
-Each packet has enough seeds for a small garden.
-A limited selection of pre-packaged seeds of other types are available. These are limited to 1 per type, and will be counted in the 12-packet limit.
- Plant-specific handouts are available on the 3rd floor to help you start, grow, and enjoy your harvests.
- Watch the library calendar for Seed Library programs, such as seed-saving, starting seeds indoors, using raised beds, eating and preserving the harvest, and more.
Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
710 South Lions Park Drive
City of Cheyenne Compost Facility
3714 Windmill Road
Gardening with Altitude
1101 Logan Avenue
Grant Farms Garden Center
2120 East Lincolnway
River Bend Nursery & Stone Company
8908 Yellowstone Road
Cheyenne Garden Gossip
A blog by local gardener Barb Gorges
Colorado State University Extension
Yard and garden information.
University of Wyoming Extension
Click the icon on the left.
Leafy greens, lettuce
|May 25||Annuals (check seed packet)
Bean: bush, pole
|June 1-30||Annuals (check seed packet)
Leafy greens, lettuce
|Aug 1-10||Leafy greens, lettuce
Adapted from Cheyenne Botanic Gardens