Come in and “borrow” seeds, grow them, and return seeds you save from your crop.
We have easy-to-grow seeds that will do well in our climate, so you’ll have success in your garden!
The Seed Library of Laramie County is a joint project of Laramie County Library System and Laramie County Master Gardeners. It is housed at the library in an effort to introduce residents to gardening, and provide education on seed-saving and developing a green thumb.
About the Seed Library:
It’s free and you don’t need a library card.
- Choose from a variety of regionally-appropriate flowers, herbs, and vegetables.
- Each person may check out 12 packets, up to 2 packets per type of seed. Each packet has enough seeds for a small garden.
- Plant-specific handouts are available to help you start, grow, and enjoy your harvests.
- Watch the library calendar for Seed Library programs, such as seed-saving, starting seeds indoors, using raised beds, eating and preserving the harvest, and more.
Seed Library Events:
Saturday, April 21 – 2018 Seed Library Kickoff, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (All Ages; Willow Room)
Saturday, May 12 – Laramie County Master Gardeners Plant Sale, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (All Ages; Archer Complex)
To Check Out:
1) Visit the third floor of Laramie County Library.
2) Fill out a short registration form.
3) Search the Seed Library Catalog for available seeds.
4) Ask the Reference staff at the Ask Here desk to gather your seeds.
1) Read our brochure on seed-saving.
2) Bring your saved seeds to the third floor Ask Here desk.
3) Fill out a short return form.
4) If you wish, donate money to support next year’s seed library.
Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
710 South Lions Park Drive
City of Cheyenne Compost Facility
3714 Windmill Road
Gardening with Altitude
1101 Logan Avenue
Grant Farms Garden Center
2120 East Lincolnway
River Bend Nursery & Stone Company
8908 Yellowstone Road
Cheyenne Garden Gossip
A blog by local gardener Barb Gorges
Colorado State University Extension
Yard and garden information.
University of Wyoming Extension
Click the icon on the left.
Leafy greens, lettuce
|May 25||Annuals (check seed packet)
Bean: bush, pole
|June 1-30||Annuals (check seed packet)
Leafy greens, lettuce
|Aug 1-10||Leafy greens, lettuce
Adapted from Cheyenne Botanic Gardens