About Your PIN
Your PIN (personal identification number) is automatically entered as read when you receive your library card. PINs become active the day you receive your library card. You may change your PIN at any time via WYLDCat, or through a staff member at the Cards and Accounts Desk. Below are instructions for changing your PIN for the first time/resetting it and instructions for forgotten PINs.
We strongly encourage you to change your PIN to a four-digit number as soon as possible.
To change your PIN through WYLDCat, follow these steps:
- Go to My Account on WYLDCat.
- Log in with your library card number (no letters or spaces) and the PIN read (Note that if you received a card prior to 9/9/19, your default PIN may be wyld). NOTE: If you need instructions on accessing your account or logging in visit: https://lclsonline.org/my-account/
- Once logged in, click on the “Account Settings” dropdown menu.
- Click on “Reset PIN/Password.”
- Enter “read” in the “Old” PIN box.
- Enter a new four-digit PIN of your choosing in the “New” box and re-enter in the “Re-enter New” box.
- Click “Update.”
- You will now use this new PIN with your library card number to login to your library account and access online resources.
If you have forgotten your PIN, follow these steps:
- Visit the Forgot your PIN page and enter your library card number (no letters or spaces) in the “Barcode” box.
- Once your library card number has entered, an email will be sent to the email address on file containing a link to reset your PIN.
- The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive the email right away, check your spam folder.
- Once you click on the link in the email, you will be able to enter a new four-digit PIN.
- If you do not have access to the email account on file, call the library at 307-634-3561 and an employee will assist you.