We love your book donations and put them to good use! Our used Book Sale Room is 100% run by library volunteers, and all of our proceeds go right back into library programs. In fiscal year 2019 we raised $26,667 from your donations and sales in the Book Sale Room. Thank you!
Once we receive donations, our volunteers sort through them to check for condition and desirability. Please see our list of guidelines below to determine what items we can and cannot accept. Once sorted, library staff have the option to add items to our library collection. Any items not added to our collection are then brought into the Book Sale Room to be sold. If we are unable to add certain items to the collection and they aren’t sold in the Book Sale Room, we send them to a company called Thrift Books where they sell items for us online for a percentage of the profit.
How to donate:
You may bring donations into the Book Sale Room during library hours, and/or drop them off with a library employee. While we do not accept large volumes of donated materials, we can assist you with unloading heavy boxes of donated items by scheduling a time to meet a library employee at our garage. Email Community & Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307.773.7224 to arrange a convenient donation drop-off from your vehicle!
Hours of operation:
|Monday – Thursday||10:30 am – 8:30 pm|
|Friday – Saturday||10:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||1:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|The BSR Accepts:||The BSR Does Not Accept:|
|• Any gently used (or new) books
• Adult fiction and non-fiction books
• Hardback and paperback books
• Coffee table books
• Children’s Books
• DVD/Blue-ray movies or TV series
• Video games
• Magazines, puzzles, etc. are free in the BSR (please do not donate in excess)
|• Items that are torn, damaged, worn, dirty or smelly
• Readers Digest condensed books
• National Geographic magazine collections
• Textbooks older than 10 Years
• Law and medical books
• Travel and computer books older than 3 years
• VHS tapes, CDs, cassettes, audiobooks, LP albums, religious or self-help DVDs
• Harlequin Romance Novels
• Government publications (war-related, Federal or State Dept. manuals, tax instruction books from previous years, etc.)
• Any items in excess (large volumes of magazines, newspapers, paperbacks, etc.)
We have Fill-a-Bag sale several times throughout the year where you can stop in, grab one of our paper bags and fill it up with books for only $5.00! Check our event calendar for upcoming dates and/or the library’s Facebook page for flash sales.
Want to volunteer in the Book Sale Room? We’d love for you to join us! Book Sale Room volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Check out our volunteer page for more information and to fill out a volunteer application.