Laramie County Library System offers free check out of laptops and hotspots to help keep library users connected for homework, work, or fun! Use this service to work on projects, apply and interview for jobs, stream video, play video games, participate in online meetings, and so much more.
Laramie County Library System’s Dell Laptops
Laramie County Library has 7 laptops available for check out and 2 laptops available for in-library use in Cheyenne. The Pine Bluffs and Burns Branch Libraries each have 1 laptop available for check out. To learn more about the Dell Latitude 3520 Laptops, click here.
Laramie County Library System’s Verizon Jetpack Hotspots
Laramie County Library has 8 hotspots available for check out in Cheyenne. The Pine Bluffs and Burns Branch Libraries each have 1 hotspot available for check out. Hotspots can be used to connect devices such as tablets, laptops, phones, and other WiFi-enabled devices to the internet from anywhere there is 4G LTE service. To learn more about the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L hotspots, click here.
Requirements and Regulations for Laptop and Hotspot Check Out
To check out a laptop or hotspot, individuals must:
- Have a full privilege adult library card in good standing.
- Have a valid phone number and address on record.
- Sign a laptop and/or hotspot user agreement.
Laptop and hotspot check out information:
- Laptops and hotspots may be checked out from the Cards & Accounts desk on the first floor of the library or from the desk at either branch library. Laptops and hotspots must be returned to the same location and cannot be returned to any outdoor book drop.
- Both items can be placed on hold through the library catalog.
- The loan period for laptops and hotspots is 7 days (the items may NOT be renewed).
- Each borrower may only check out one laptop and/or hotspot at a time. There is a limit of one laptop and/or hotspot per family/household.
- Find a full list of requirements by clicking on the user agreements below
Requirements and Regulations for In-House Laptop Use
To use a laptop while in the library building, individuals must:
- Have a full privilege adult library card in good standing OR provide car keys, valid driver’s license or ID, or cell phone as collateral for use.
- Have a valid phone number and address on record OR provide one when filling out the user agreement.
- Sign an in-library laptop user agreement.
In-library laptop use information:
- Laptops can be checked out from the Computer Center on the third floor of the library.
- Laptops may NOT leave the library. Laptops may NOT be taken into the gallery area of the building.
- Laptops may be used until close of business on the day of laptop check out.
- Find a full list of requirements by clicking on the user agreement below