Patrons may place a hold on any item within the library’s collection. If the item is currently checked out to someone else, placing a hold on that item ensures you’ll be in line to receive it. There is no charge to place a hold. However, because our staff takes time to locate the item and place a hold for you, a 50-cent fee will be added to your card if the item is not picked up by the date indicated on the notice. Holds may be placed at any service desk or through WYLDCat, the library’s online catalog.
You may pick up your holds utilizing our curbside pick-up service, or you may pick them up in person from the shelves to the left hand side of the entrance gate.
To Place a Hold:
1. Go to WYLDCat, the online catalog. You may also access the catalog by visiting LaramieCountyLibrary.org and clicking on the “Library Catalog” tab on the top of the page.
2. Navigate to the top right menu bar and click “Log In.” A new screen will appear, enter your library card number (no letters or spaces) and PIN. If you don’t know your PIN Click Here.
3. Once you are logged in, you will be returned to the catalog homepage. Choose your home location from the drop down list (Cheyenne, Burns, Pine Bluffs or Bookmobile). Next, locate the item you wish to place on hold by entering the title or author in the search bar.
4. Scroll through the search results. Once you find the specific item you wish to place on hold, click on the red title.
5. Click Place Hold on the right hand side.
6. A verification screen will appear. Click “Place Hold(s)” to confirm.
7. After your hold has been placed, it will show up in your account under the “Holds” tab. The status will be listed as “Pending” until the hold is ready for pick-up, at which time you will receive an email and/or text message notifying you that your item(s) are available.
8. Your items will not be immediately available. Please wait until you receive your notification before utilizing our curbside pick-up service or coming in to the library to check out your item(s).
9. If you are picking up your item(s) in person, they will be located to the left hand side of the entrance gate on the holds shelves. The item(s) will be alphabetically marked with an adhesive hold wrapper that lists the first four letters of your last name and the last four digits of your library card number. Once you have checked out your item(s) please remove the adhesive hold wrapper(s) and dispose of them at your convenience before returning your item(s).
*Please note: if you need assistance or instruction on how to pick up your holds from the Burns Branch Library, please call 307-547-2249. If you need assistance or instruction on how to pick up your holds from the Pine Bluffs Branch Library, please call 307-245-3646.
10. You may return your item(s) to any Laramie County Library System facility. Laramie County Library in Cheyenne has three options for returning items:
- 24-hour drive thru return located on the west side of the building.
- 24-hour walkup return located outside the west entrance.
- Item return stations located in the building which are available during normal operating hours.
If you need assistance, please call us at 307-634-3561