Volunteers play an important role in making sure Laramie County Library achieves its mission. The time and service volunteers provide is critical to the library. Volunteers share their talents and provide the manpower that ensures the library’s success. Each volunteer is very important to the library staff, and it is through the help of volunteers that Laramie County Library can provide even better customer service to patrons.
There are a number of volunteer opportunities for all ages at the Laramie County Library System. From teens to seniors and all ages in between, we’ll ensure your position is a good fit for your abilities.
Volunteer Jobs – a few examples
- repair books
- assist with Youth, Teen and Adult programs
- distribute Library publicity materials
- assist customers in the Book Sale Room
- process Library notices and letters
- clean and maintain computer equipment
- assist with genealogical research
- locate and pull materials for patron holds
- help keep the Library clean
- lead a tour of the Library as a docent
- and MUCH MORE!
Laramie County Library benefits tremendously from its volunteers. However, volunteering can be rewarding for the individual, as well.
As a library volunteer, you will have opportunities for:
- Personal growth
- Work experience
- Job references
- Community involvement
- Learning about Laramie County Library and all its valuable resources
In addition, you may also qualify for staff privileges:
- After six months of consistent volunteering, you may place personal orders for books through Cataloging Services at a generally discounted price of 40%.
- After six months of volunteering with at least 12 hours of service, you can gain staff privileges. You may check out movies, video games, or the 35mm projector for a 24-hour period for free.
- Converting your library card to staff privilege is optional. If you are under 18, you may need parental consent to change the privilege level of your card.
How to Volunteer
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
- Volunteers under age 18 must have a parent or guardian submit a Parental Consent Form before they can start.
- Volunteer application forms are available at each Ask Here desk or using our Online Form. Please complete and return this form to the library, where it will be evaluated by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator for a personal interview so that a position can be determined.