Laramie County Library System to Remain Closed Until At Least April 19, 2020
In accordance to the public health order issued by Governor Mark Gordon and the Wyoming State Health Officer, Laramie County Library System will remain closed until at least April 19, 2020. This closure applies to all library facilities, including Laramie County Library in Cheyenne, The Library Café, Burns Branch Library, Pine Bluffs Branch Library, and the bookmobile. Laramie County Library System will continue to adhere to the orders and recommendations made by the Wyoming Governor’s office.
Per previous releases, all library programs and events will be canceled until May 31, 2020 as well as all community meetings in all facilities. For events and meetings that are not part of the library’s programming, please contact the event organizer, not the library, for further information. Over-due fines will be suspended during this closure. Items may still be returned to the Laramie County Library in Cheyenne, Burns Branch Library, or Pine Bluffs Branch Library.
The Laramie County Library System Board will continue to reassess the library services offered during this closure on a weekly basis. Below are some helpful resources and services available during this closure.
- Wifi services are live at all facilities and can be accessed from a vehicle in the Cheyenne library’s parking lot or in front of the branch libraries using a personal device.
- eBooks can be accessed by downloading the CloudLibrary app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Gowyld.net provides access to other resources such as eMagazines and databases using a library card number and PIN.
- To access and print tax forms, go to irs.gov/forms. Individuals can call the library to have the library print and mail you a tax form.
- Online storytimes will be posted to https://lclsonline.org/virtual-storytime/ every other day at 10:00 a.m.
The library will be taking phone calls between 10am and 5pm, Monday through Saturday, to answer reference questions and to connect you to other resources within the community. Updates to available services during this closure will be posted at www.lclslonline.org.
Thank you for your continued support of Laramie County Library System as it continues to make decisions that help ensure the safety and health of the Laramie County Community.
Go to www.lclslonline.org or call 307-634-3561 for updated information