Presented by Laramie County Library System in partnership with Cheyenne Guitar Society, One World Prairie Guitar Contest is an annual event that celebrates our region’s musical talent.
This year’s contest will be held on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Laramie County Library. The contest will begin at 10:00 am and run throughout the day, ending with a concert at 6:00 p.m. performed by each category’s winner.
Before the contest, please review the entire list of contest rules by clicking here.
Registration for the 2022 One World Prairie Guitar Contest has now closed. Both the contest and the evening’s concert are open to the public and there is no fee to attend.
Categories (Note: contestants may register for one category only):
- Classical Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Youth Aged 12 and Under
- Miscellaneous Stringed Instruments (not including piano)
- Electric Guitar
Friday, January 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
- $10 per contestant.
- Payment may be remitted via PayPal, cash, or check.
- Specific instructions for payment will be included in the registration form and email.
- Entries are not finalized until payment is received. Payment is due by the registration deadline.
- The contest is limited to 60 people.
The prizes for classical guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and miscellaneous stringed instrument will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $750
- 3rd place: $500
- 4th place: $100
The prizes for youth aged 12 and under will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $100
- 2nd place: $75
- 3rd place: $50
- 4th place: $25
- Contestants of all ages are welcome to register.
- Contestants must have an email address. All communications, time assignments, and registrations will be managed via email.
- Performance times will be assigned the day before the contest via email.
- Contestants must perform one song that must be five minutes or shorter.
- Instrumental performances only; vocals are not permitted.
- Electric guitar contestants may bring an effects pedal and an amplifier will be provided.
- Classical guitar contestants must play a classical music piece.
- The winner of each category will be required to play for 20 minutes, beginning at 6:00 pm on the evening of the event (Saturday, January 22, 2022). The winner of the youth category will be required to play for 10 minutes.
- Winners may perform with additional band members, instruments, effect pedals, and/or vocals.
- Please review the entire list of contest rules here before registering for the contest.
- Judges will score in three areas: timing rhythm, execution accuracy, and judge’s discretion.
- Discretion score areas include expression, tuning, tonal quality, difficulty of tune, technical proficiency, arrangement, tempo, stylistic consistency, and intonation.
- To view an example of the judge’s score card, please click here.
Please contact Laramie County Library System’s Adult Services Event Team at AdultEvents@lclsonline.org.