The Goal: Read for prizes all summer long!
The Challenge: Complete 25 days of reading between June 1 and August 15.
- 1 day= 20-30 minutes of reading, being read to, or listening to an audiobook.
- For every 5 days of reading, you will receive a level prize, 5 tickets to enter into prize drawings, and one badge. You can log reading in Beanstack or in a reading log (or both).
- Visit any library branch to pick up prizes beginning June 15. You can pick up prizes after each level of the challenge you complete, or you can pick them up all at once after completing the challenge. *Please note: due to this year’s challenge goal to read 25 days, the earliest date to pick up completion prizes will be June 25th.
- When you have logged 25 days of reading (or listening), you will receive a completion prize, which includes a free book for youth and teens and a fun prize for adults (previous adult prizes have included pint glasses, notebooks, and reading lights)! Your prizes will be available to pick up at any library location June 15 through August 15, 2022.
Read for a Cause:
- Once you complete the Summer Reading Challenge by reading for 25 days, you can participate in Read for a Cause by continuing to log your reading.
- For every 5 days of additional reading, a donation will be made to a local charity by one of Laramie County’s amazing businesses. You will also earn a badge and 5 tickets to enter into prize drawings.
- If you log reading for all 75 days of the Summer Reading Challenge, you will earn a Super Reader badge.
- If you participate in the activities listed in Beanstack and in the reading log, you will earn additional drawing tickets and badges. Each activity is worth a specific number of tickets and can help increase you chances of winning a cool drawing prize!
- Glossary of Summer Reading Terms
- Beanstack Registration Instructions
- Beanstack Logging Instructions
- Summer Reading Challenge FAQ
- General Beanstack FAQ
- Summer Reading Promotional Videos and Bookmark Request Form
Thank you to all of our generous sponsors!
Delta Kappa Gamma Society International