On Tuesday, January 3, 2023, Laramie County Library System launched a brand new library catalog. The library updated to Aspen Discovery for WYLDcat to enhance and enrich the patron experience.
Aspen makes searching for books and resources easier, pulling all library resources together in one search. Users can create and share lists of materials and online content, find a title in every format available, read book reviews, and even rate items and see how others rated them. If a book or other item is unavailable, a “While you wait” feature offers suggestions for similar titles. Aspen offers these and many other features to improve catalog usage and functionality.
What this means for library users:
- The old WYLDcat catalog, Enterprise, will be discontinued by October 31, 2023. Enterprise will continue to lose functionality throughout the year as Wyoming libraries transition to Aspen.
- All links to the library catalog on Laramie County Library System’s website changed to Aspen on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- The old WYLDcat mobile app will be discontinued in the near future.
- A new WYLDcat app is now available to download from your device’s app store.
- The ability to save lists in Enterprise will be discontinued on December 15, 2022 as the Wyoming State Library migrates users’ current lists into Aspen.
- Users’ check-out history will no longer be available in Enterprise on December 15, 2022 as the histories are migrated to Aspen.
Follow these links for instructions on how to utilize the new catalog:
As always, employees at any library branch will be happy to assist library users in using the new catalog and answering any questions about the transition. Please call 307-634-3561 for assistance.
Click here to test the new catalog out for yourself!