You might think that the library is only for residents of Laramie County, however, our 100,000 square foot, air conditioned, three story building is brimming with services and activities for anyone visiting or passing through Cheyenne.
- Our building is equipped with 8 study rooms (5 on the 2nd floor and 3 on the 3rd floor). If you need somewhere quiet, head to the Ask Here desk on the respective floor to check one out!
- Notary Services are available for free Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the 2nd floor Business Office.
- Big Boot – we have one of the 19 Big Boots that are placed around town. Local artist Max Larkin did an amazing job on our Alice in Wonderland themed boot. See it on W 22nd
- Free Wi-Fi & printing – we have Wi-Fi available throughout the building, you can print or use a copier for .10 per page.
- Computer Center – normally we charge $1.00 for a day pass to use the computers in the Computer Center, during Cheyenne Frontier Days (July 19-28) that fee is waived for visitors! We also have two 15 minute computers for those in a hurry (one on 1st floor and one on the 3rd floor).
- The Library Café – if you find yourself in search of a cold beverage (or hot coffee) stop in for a drink and grab a scone or brownie while you’re at it!
- The Seed Library – you do not have to be a library card holder to partake in this service. Check out a variety of seeds to grow in your garden!
- Books & other items! – you are welcome to read any of the books in the library without checking them out, just put them onto a red shelf when you’re done. Wyoming Residents, if you have your Wyoming library card with you, you can check out our materials and return the items to any Wyoming library!
- Book Sale Room – we receive thousands of donations every month here at the library, stop in and pick some up! We have something for everyone.
- 2nd Floor – the entire 2nd floor is a great place to let the kids interact with our learning opportunities while having a blast and maybe even completing a scavenger hunt for a prize!
- LeClerq Jones Collection – calling all history buffs! Wyoming native and amateur historian LeClercq Jones donated his extensive Cheyenne research collection to the library upon his death. He preserved local history through hundreds of detailed photographs and drawings of Cheyenne buildings and intersections.
- Genealogy & Special Collections – we have the library version of Ancestry.com and other resources available if you’ve been stuck while doing your family genealogy. The special collections room is typically staffed by volunteers who can assist you.
- The Capital Room – this room is our “no talking” room that is meant to be very quiet & peaceful. With the great views of the newly renovated Capitol building.
- Exhibits – we are fortunate enough to have many wonderful exhibits on display throughout the year.
- Events & Programs – we have programs almost every day, check out our online calendar to see if there is one taking place while you’re in town. All library programs are free and open to the public.
- Summer Reading Celebration – anyone can join us in exploring a Universe of Stories, our annual Summer Reading Celebration. You can select a goal, then stop in the library to pick up a reading card; as you meet your goals you earn prizes!